These are my all-time absolute favorite instant noodles! I don’t even share these with my boyfriend. They are soooo good. Salivating already!
Indomie is the largest instant noodle manufacturer in Indonesian and they produce a variety of flavors, around 38 of them! Wow! This one here is the original version and you’ve got to try this. I kid you not.
Easily available in most countries but sadly it hasn’t made its way to India yet, however, they are available on popular e-commerce websites. I have never tried ordering online but I guess will soon have to, as my stock is almost over. Yes, I hoard them at home.
Cooking instructions as on the packet (also microwaveable) –
- Cook noodles in 400ml boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix the seasoning powder, seasoning oil, sweet soy sauce and chilli sauce on a plate while noodles is being cooked.
- Drain well.
- Mix well with seasonings.
- Garnish with fried onion and enjoy your delicious fried noodles.
The noodle block.
- Bawang goreng – the dried fried onions.
- Bumbu is the dry seasoning. Bumbu recipes use certain collection or combination of different spices and the list is exhaustive! Do take a whiff of it.
- On the left is the sweet and chili sambal sauce (manis pedas)
- In the middle is the thick and sweet Indonesian soy sauce (kecap manis)
- And the right most is the seasoning oil with garlic flakes!
I like my noodles a little tough and not too soft so I boil them for about 2 minutes only. Also never mix the fried onions with other condiments but instead sprinkle them on top of the finished dish to keep them super crunchy.
Every time I eat these instant noodles, I fall a little more for them. It’s a perfect balance of all these flavors – spicy, sweet and salty! And that extra crunchiness of the fried onions is so good and does wonders to this dish. Salute to you Indomie!
Go grab a packet or order online right about NOW!!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used non-commercially. Provided that full and clear credit is given to Shruti Gupta and Instant Noodle Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.