Hi, I am Shruti and I am a noodleholic. There, I said it!
This means I am pretty heavily into instant noodles…and I have finally decided to go public with it. So, welcome to Instant Noodle Me!
Growing up in India, Maggi was, by default, my favorite for the longest time. And then, about 3 years back, I started traveling – only for food! And OMG! There are SO many kinds of instant noodles out there, it’s mind numbing. I always return from my travels with bags full of loot, and I cannot wait to travel again to somewhere new – just for noodles!
#noodsbeforedudes (Did I say that out loud?)
Give or take, I end up eating at least one pack of instant noodles daily! Yes, I know it’s not the healthiest way to live, but YOLO!
Things I look for in an instant noodle pack:
- Good noodles – to begin with. This is a deal breaker. The noodles should have a good consistency, chew and crumble to them. No second bite if the noodles turn into baby food mush.
- Next is the broth. It should be flavorful, and if it has additional ingredients, like veggies or meat chunks, even better.
- Packaging doesn’t matter (and is probably not even on my list), but an interesting packaging is always welcome. Means higher chances of getting picked up from the shelves by me.
I rate my noodles on a scale of 5. Why? Because it’s the simplest way for YOU to know the hits from the misses. Anything rated 4 or above is a keeper for me, and I would probably be hoarding a few packets of them.
Also, I try my best to follow the cooking instructions on the pack. However, 2 personal rules that I always stick to:
- First, I always cook with a pair of chopsticks! It makes all the difference – something that is almost inexplicable.
- Second, I never break the noodle block. Remember baby mush? We want the tendrils.
All ratings are given on the basis of the original dish. Extras are only added after tasting the base dish. Also, all opinions are solely mine – and you may or may not agree with them, and that is okay. I may love a flavor that you may hate, and vice versa. But as long as you love noodles, it’s all cool.
So join me and let me help you discover some great instant noodles out there. I hope you find something that will pique your interest and taste buds alike. If you have suggestions, or queries, or you just want to be nice and send me some instant noodles, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and links may be used non-commercially. Provided that full and clear credit is given to Shruti Gupta and Instant Noodle Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.